Our favorite holiday side dish just got better! This Air Fryer Twice Baked Potato Recipe is a great way to make cheesy stuffed potatoes using just your air fryer oven.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info.
Do you love your air fryer? Follow TASTY AIR FRYER RECIPES on Facebook to stay up to date on all of the new air fryer recipes!
Easy Twice Baked Potatoes In Air Fryer
This Air Fryer Twice Baked Potato Recipe is great when making a large holiday meal. Oven space is limited and this is a holiday side dish that can be made in your air fryer.
Or these cheesy bacon stuffed potatoes are great for dinner or as a side dish with any meal.
What Are The Best Potatoes For Twice Baked Potatoes
Use russet potatoes for twice baked potatoes. The thicker potato skin is necessary for this recipe. Using a thin skinned potato makes things a bit tricky. . .it’s possible but not easy.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Potatoes In An Air Fryer
For standard baked potatoes I usually cook at 400º for 35-45 minutes. See: Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe
For twice baked potatoes you want super tender potatoes so I suggest 45 minutes. Once the filling mixture is returned to the potato skins, the potatoes only need about 5 more minutes in the air fryer.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fried Twice Baked Potato Recipe (screenshot for grocery list)
- Russet Potatoes
- Shredded Cheddar/Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream
How To Cook Twice Baked Potatoes In Air Fryer
- Scrub and wash each potato then prick several times with a fork.
- In a large bowl drizzle oil over potatoes and sprinkle with salt. Rub the oil and salt onto each potato until evenly coated.
- Transfer potatoes to greased air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400ºF for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through. Time will vary depending on size of potatoes and air fryer.
- Let potatoes cool for 5 minutes or until safe to handle.
- Slice potatoes in half, lengthwise. Scoop out insides and transfer to a bowl. Leave a portion of potato attached to the skins for support and to prevent tearing.
- Add bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper to bowl with potato filling. Mix with fork or a hand mixer.
- Scoop filling mixture back into potato skins. Top with additional cheese and bacon.
- Return to air fryer basket and air fry at 400ºF for 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley then serve.
What To Serve With Twice Baked Potatoes
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutritional information on TAFR is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 304mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutritional information on TAFR is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.