These Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wontons are a great party or game-day appetizer. Wontons filled with buffalo chicken then air fried to crispy perfection.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info. Do you love your air fryer? Follow TASTY AIR FRYER RECIPES on Facebook to stay up to date on all of the new air fryer recipes!
AIR FRYER BUFFALO CHICKEN APPETIZER
This is a fun and unexpected twist on buffalo chicken wings. A creamy cheesy buffalo chicken mixture tucked into wonton wrappers then air fried. You get that buffalo chicken flavor in a crispy delicious finger food appetizer.
- I use shredded rotisserie chicken in this recipe but roasted, boiled, or even canned shredded chicken will work.
- Mozzarella adds a bit of cheesiness and creaminess to the wontons. You could also use pepper jack, cheddar, or blue cheese if you prefer.
- Green onion adds a slight onion flavor and a bit of freshness. If you aren’t a fan of green onion, feel free to leave it out or swap it for two tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley.
MORE AIR FRYER APPETIZER RECIPES:
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Olive oil spray
- In a medium bowl, stir together the shredded chicken, softened cream cheese buffalo sauce, mozzarella cheese, green onion, and garlic powder.
- Add a heaping spoonful (about 2 teaspoons) to the center of each wonton. Brush the edges of the wonton wrapper with water and then fold them over to seal. Repeat with the remaining wontons.
- Spray the air fryer basket generously with olive oil spray and add as many wontons as will fit – make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer.
- Spray the top of the wontons with olive oil spray and cook at 370ºF for 8-10 minutes, or until the wontons are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with ranch or blue cheese sauce.
These wontons are best enjoyed immediately after they are cooked as they will lose their crispness as they sit.
Wonton wrappers are often found near the tofu in the grocery store.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 329mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
Nutritional information on TAFR is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.